zondag 17 augustus 2014

Scholar's Mate

Now on my fourth district leader on my mission. Though he is obviously a younger one than the second, he is still a good district leader and we had a good lesson on the Book of Mormon. But no time for roleplays, which is ok. The lunch was a bit weird: I think the sisters had not calculated properly the number of people there would be, for some reason.

Last Saturday, I bought myself a box of chess pieces and made a board from cardboard that evening. I played Lyman and Robbins through the week and won 4 games. Lyman beat Robbins once, too.

We taught some good lessons this week. And sister Robinson came with us to teach three of them on Wednesday. That was really fun. First we taught the Dutch-Honduran couple, followed by a drive to Wassenaar to teach the Zambian and then a correlation with President Lister of the Wassenaar branch, who just got back from vacation, and finally, we met up with President and taught a Brazilian mother and son. That was a really intense appointment: they are re-doing their apartment and the mother is really in a tough situation and got rather emotional (and kissed elder Lyman on the cheek, hahaha) and cried at the end of the appointment, but fortunately, sister Robinson was there.

On Friday, we welcomed a new senior couple, our second elder and sister Romig. When we got back from looking someone up in the morning, I found the package from Deseret book on my desk (containing a book of facsimiles of manuscripts dictated by Joseph Smith, a really cool journal, some notebooks and a tiebar). It was really nice.

This morning, we played football again, and I finally scored, against a defending goalie (instead of a goalie that is just standing there, which I also did twice today). I also passed the ball well a few times, but Robbins mostly failed to get the ball in from my passes.

1. e4 e5 2. Qh5 Nc6 3. Bc4 Nf6? 4. Qxf7#

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten