donderdag 14 mei 2015

I'm a Mormon

02-05-2015
Canadians are weird... I just wanted to throw that out there. I still love Canada, and maybe the peculiarity of its people has something to do with that, but they are just strange people. I'd probably enjoy living there, except for the -40 winters, I guess. 

Anyway, we have seen a lot of miracles this week and have taught more lessons than in recent weeks. Things are really going well with our investigators and there is one who has a baptismal date for some time in the middle of June. She was brought up catholic and that affects a lot of her beliefs, but she is also very open to the gospel and is willing to learn and pray. The other investigators are also very open and willing to listen, and are willing to act on what we preach to them at varying levels. For what it is worth, 4 of them have committed to coming to church this Sunday, which is a lot.

I must say, I do enjoy correlation with our ward mission leader every Monday. It is always very entertaining, both because of the other elders (and sometimes my companions) and their shenanigans and because our ward mission leader often tells us stories of his own mission in Indonesia, which was crazy from the sound of it. So it's unfortunate (for us) that he is moving to another city sometime this year. We will have to make do with another mission leader (for a few months in my case). 

One of my companions seems gung ho on seeing all the sights in northern South Holland and all of North Holland. I cannot say I blame him, since at some point he will return to the USA and maybe not come back for a very long time. It just sounds tiring. Today, we will probably go see the car museum in northern Den Haag, or some other museum. We plan on going to the beach in Katwijk at some point, when the weather is warmer. 


"Glorious it is when wandering time is come." - Inuit proverb (likely)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten