woensdag 9 september 2015

The Mind's Eye

05-09-2015

To my surprise, my old seminary teacher (who is currently serving at the London temple) dropped by the office today to meet with President, concerning the possibility of her serving in the mission office once she is done in London. It was good to see her again after so long (she left some time before I did). She reminded me of the old days back when I was in Seminary still (about five years ago). Good times, good times. In the evening, we had to drive to Rotterdam to bring keys to some elders and only returned home late.

On Tuesday, we had our first district meeting in our new district, Haarlem. How strange it was to be there and not in Amsterdam for district meeting, where I have gone almost every week for 18 months. But apart from that, it is not so bad: we drive about as far as to Amsterdam and have about as many (or few) people as previously in the Amsterdam district. Upon returning to the office, I looked over the hotel contract for next transfer and reviewed the times and such. Later in the afternoon, Yentl dropped by with some knakworst and bread to make us dinner. It was a lot of fun. It is always nice when dinner appointments come to us. 

The next day, we had exchanges with the zone leaders in Den Haag. Thankfully, I got to stay in Leiden. Before their arrival, I did some administrative work and also programming. When the zone leaders arrived, we went to the new apartment we are moving to much closer to the office and dropped off a dresser and a pull-out bed. We then ate dinner and shortly thereafter, went to ward council (for the first time since the beginning of summer). 

After re-exchanging, we got back to our usual office day. Nothing particularly special at all this week and the same this day. Though I did update the list of inactive members and send it to our ward mission leader. In the evening we had a fun dinner appointment and thereafter drove to Noordwijk to meet with our Cambodian friend. He is awesome and it is always fun to visit him. There is a bit of a language barrier, but he really wants to learn more. He wants to know what he can do with the priesthood and what things he needs to do. It's great.

No Belgium trip this Friday. But we did clean the church in the late afternoon, because we are good missionaries, *ahem*.

"When I was five, I am told, and asked what my favorite things in the world were, I answered, “smoked salmon and Bach.” (Now, sixty years later, my answer would be the same.)" - Oliver Sacks (1933 - 2015)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten