zaterdag 10 mei 2014

Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly

Another tiring week, though not so much as last week, and probably less than next week too, haha. So it was not *that* tiring, if you look at in perspective. I had my first interview with President Robinson (since arrival) on Tuesday, during district meeting and with sister Robinson too. It was good to be able to talk to them one on one, for a change. Mainly since I am the only that rarely gets called in to President's office on Mondays to talk about various office functions: transfers are usually discussed during correlation meeting, as everyone needs to know what will happen. I am so grateful for the Nieuwvelds and Markhams and Howells, as even during weeks when other families are unable to have us over for dinner, we still are able to go to their houses to share a gospel message and a meal and a generally fun time. And hopefully soon we will get referrals from them.

I finally scored a goal in football this week. Admittedly there was no goal at the goalposts at the time. Of course, that was because he had ran forward with the ball and I stole it. So in a way, it was pretty nicely done, even if I do say so myself. Now I can work on scoring while people are moving between me and the goal, hahaha.

We have been listening to a lot of talks in the car, while travelling, and I definitely recommend that, it's really uplifting and enjoyable. Just be sure to choose the right ones. Any general conference talk, of course, but also John Bytheway or other such speakers. Trust me, it's worth it. 

I expect it will not be much longer before my companions get trainees and then they leave. I have at least another three weeks with them, so it will not be really soon, but still sooner than before, haha.

and finally, the scripture from which I pulled the title: “Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

“The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten