zaterdag 3 mei 2014

The Spirit of Christ is given to every man

This was a busy week. We spoke about a bunch of things on Monday, including the two temple conferences and the transfers in two weeks. And the Emmen elders arrived in the evening, as they are spending the night at our house.

On Tuesday, we were up earlier than usual, to get ready to go to the temple. We got to the temple sometime before 8 and changed into white clothes. The session started at 9 and was over an hour later or so. It was a very beautiful experience and only the second time I have been. It is such a great opportunity for service as well as personal development. Afterwards, we ate pizza at the church building in Zoetermeer (we ordered 50 or so pizzas :o ) and I sat with some of the missionaries that had served in Antwerp: elders Gomez, Carter and Sumter and sister Kohlert. When everything was cleaned up, we set off for Keukenhof: some flower place north of Leiden. Short summary: there were a lot of flowers.

The next day we spent the morning in the office before going to the temple to drive people from there to the Zoetermeer church. We ate pizza again and then listened to a nice dying testimony from elder Praag (who will go home in a few weeks). We then returned to Keukenhof (also to transport people). This time, I took pictures (as my battery was flat on Tuesday). Unfortunately, no one wanted to play chess with me on either day, but I will just have to find someone willing to play chess when I go back after my mission.

Things returned to normal on Thursday and we spent the day in the office. I filled out a form regarding a new apartment in Belgium and started again on preparations for next transfer. Our dinner appointment fell through, so we ate in that evening. Yummy macaroni carbonara.

We left around 9, Friday morning to Brussels with a van full of elders. We met three more at the central station in Brussels and went to go get food. While they took the metro to the commune in Woluwe Saint Lambert, elder Cockbain and I drove in the van to meet them there. We were finished around 2:30 and set off northwards. We dropped off elders in Antwerpen, Breda and Rotterdam, before going to our dinner appointment with the Nieuwvelds for our weekly dose of American pancakes. It was fun there, as always. Such a nice family :)

This morning, Saturday, we played football, as always. There was a bigger turnout than last week: 10 people total. It was also more fun than last week. Afterwards, we went food shopping and then went home to wash. We then hurried to the train station in Leiden to take the train to Amsterdam to meet up with the APs and the Zoetermeer elders. We went shopping with them, going to several clothes and shoe shops: it was mostly very boring, and could've simply gone to two or three shops and I would've had enough. I bought two pairs of football socks for 10E and a hoody for less than 6E, so I was pretty satisfied with my purchases.
 Windmill in Keukenhof
 
Porsche 911
 
Giant chess
 
Elders South and Holt
 
Flowers
 
They all went up in the windmill and left their cameras down below with me and sister Nelson, I think... Have they never met me? Mwahahaha ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten