zondag 29 juni 2014

Cura te Ipsum

Another group of arrivals and departures come and gone. Only two arrived, to replace six that were going, including my old companion from my mini-mission in Gent (elder Gomez), a former office elder (elder Pimentel) and elder Loorbach! I was sad to see him go, he has been my longest companion (albeit part-time) on my mission, and we were able to relate to each other's situation since we are both from the same group of stakes, and know a lot of the same people, and are not American. On the plus side, that does mean that I will be able to see him more often than I will most other companions or other missionaries in general.

On Wednesday, there was also a switch-up in the Saturday football missionaries: elder Neptune replaced Bean in Leiden, and elder Bishop replaced Sumter as assistant to the president. I was able to see them both in action this morning, during a fun and intense game of football. Well, apart from getting a fastball from Goff to the leg as he tried to kick it as hard as he could past the keeper. Fortunately, my leg bones are still whole.

It is quite interesting to think of the diversity among our investigators at this time: we are teaching a Surinamese, two Chinese, one CuraƧaoan, a Dutch-Honduran couple, a Hungarian and a Brazilian. We have a few Dutch potential investigators, but so far, none of them are really solid. But a few are quite open. 

We were able to work outside of the office all day yesterday, since the carpets were being cleaned, so we went to find people at a different time of the day than usual, and looked up a bunch of people, as well as doing weekly planning. It was fun, but I missed the office work. Fortunately, there were crises during our absence, so we did not have to rush off to do anything.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten