zaterdag 7 juni 2014

It's Just That Simple

I mainly ran out of time for a post last week, and also forgot to write something when I did have a bit of time.

But anyways, the last two weeks have been about as busy as normal, with this last week being a bit busier. Elders Lind and Cockbain finished training their replacements and we send goodbye to the Wassenaar branch, and had a number of really good dinner appointments with members. I will be sad to not be going there anymore and will miss the members, but I am sure that the members of the Leiden ward will be just as nice. Even if we don't eat as much Mexican food as we have eaten with the Wassenaar members, haha
 
The transition to new office elders has gone pretty smoothly, elder Lyman seems to know exactly how to speak to people on the phone and deal with computers and legal stuff. And elder Robbins has picked up the financial tasks, albeit reluctantly, with the necessary dedication. As of Wednesday, I became the senior office elder. Just another 12 months or so and I will be the most senior out of all the people who will then work in the mission office, haha.
 
Times have been tough in the last weeks, but such is life, as Ecclesiastes 3:1 states. But there were also good times, such as driving down to Brussels with elder Lyman on Tuesday and then to Groningen and Amersfoort (via the Afsluitdijk) on Wednesday, with elder Eastmond (to drop off elders Lind and Loorbach and pick up elder Lewis). I got to know both of them a bit more and help out with various matters that needed to be done in the far reaches of the mission. And roadtrips are always fun, of course.
 
As of Wednesday evening, I officially became companions with elders Robbins and Lyman. The second of (probably) 5 or 6 companionships I will be in. Unless the average sentence in the office is reduced or extended.
 
I look forward to what the future may hold.

Aut vita aeterna, aut mortem

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten