zaterdag 15 augustus 2015

On the Road Again

15/08/2015
A weird week this week. On Monday, after the usual office business, we went to the church buildings of Zoetermeer, Den Haag and Leiden to pick up some stuff (including a sound system) for the wedding reception the next day. It took us from about 7 or so until late that evening, but it was a fun road trip, even though we skipped correlation and our usual dinner appointment. The next day, after district meeting and office work, we went to the reception, for two young members of the Leiden ward (they're both 19). There was a good turnout, mainly family it seemed. And they seemed to be happy, obviously.

Wednesday, we worked in the office through the day as usual and I indexed again. It is always a lot of fun. After a quick visit to a recent convert, I went to Amsterdam with the district leader for an exchange. This consisted of about four or five lookups, a few doors knocked and a lot of walking. I had fun, especially taunting him with the slight chance he will replace my current companions. In the evening after we got back, I beat him at chess and he beat me at checkers. I do not think I really ever have won at checkers, at least not in the past 5 years or so. It just is not my cup of tea.

The next day, we re-exchanged, just before the Brussels trip. I helped the singing elders out with their invitation and poster stuff when they dropped by to print off some sheet music and change a few things for their performance. They are starting up the tour again after about a month-long break. Their opening performance was Friday and the next stop will be Apeldoorn.

Since there are so many people I know (including my girlfriend) at YSA camp, my companions drove there on Friday without me to drop off the sound system for the singing elders. Since we had a dinner appointment that evening, the Amsterdam elders came down to go with me there. It was a good appointment and the member did not seem to mind the two new faces (though I suppose she is used to transfers and stuff). 

Today, there was no football, so we went to e-mail instead and get an early start on our day, which may or may not include a trip into North Holland.

"But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there." - Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten