zaterdag 15 augustus 2015

One Step at a Time

25-07-2015
Within a few days of each other, I will have passed my 18 month on my mission and my 6 month to go marks. It's crazy. But I still feel like I have a long time left, which is good, especially since I still have Christmas and New Year's in there too (hopefully we can go to the same member's house again, that was really fun).

On Monday, we had a sort of normal day. President did not arrive until almost lunchtime and then he had a meeting with some YSA leader, so he was gone with them for lunch until the afternoon. It was weird being in the office without the Bunnells. But we got our work done and the APs did their statistical stuff and met with President when he returned. 

Interviews have come around again and we have our interviews in a few weeks. I am interested to see how it will be with President Bunnell. It was always a good chat with President Robinson, but it was also pretty quick. And now that we have to bring out area books, it could definitely take longer. So I guess I will just have to see.

The last remaining Dutch missionary in the mission arrived at the office on Wednesday to get picked up by his parents. For a few short hours after he was done, I was the only missionary from either of the missions two countries still on a mission. That ended shortly thereafter: the sister missionary (from Gent) whom we had sent off to the Preston MTC, two weeks ago, returned and my companions and I picked her up at the airport, since President was doing interviews. It was pretty fun to be at the airport and see all that stuff. Back at the office, we handed her over to her companions.

The rest of the week went well. On P-day, we played Munchkin, for the first time in ages. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully we can play it again sometime. 

"The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship."
 - Amelia Earhart

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten