zondag 4 januari 2015

In Brightest Day



New Year's Eve, as it ever is in the Netherlands, was crazy. As missionaries, we were asked to be indoors (and to stay indoors) as of 4 in the afternoon. So, we worked a shorter day in the office before returning home and having fun there. We played Munchkin, of course, just the three of us and did other fun stuff.

Another year is over, and next year, I will see my family and friends (well, those that I don't see this year if I happen to come across them, hahaha) and get back to normal life. But I still have the whole year ahead of me, and what a year it will be: just a few of the things that will happen include getting a new mission president in the middle of the year, sending home two groups of 20 or so missionaries around the same time and release of Star Wars 7... not that I will watch that until next year, but all the same, haha.

The new year is often a time to look forward to what we want to accomplish during the year and make goals/resolutions. It is also a time to (cautiously) reflect on the past year, though one must be careful of not becoming wrapped up in the good and the bad times that might prevent us from looking forward to the good that is yet to come. We can, and should, learn from our experiences during the year, to help us make this year even better. I hope that we can all learn from 2014 and move forward into 2015 without looking back to what was and what could have been.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-channel-daily/385?v=910930409001

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten